Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!


Well even though the weather has turned cold again, and there is snow on the ground this morning as I type, Spring is still here and I am sooooo excited!! Next to Fall, Spring is my 2nd favorite season. I am a bit of a flower lover (I get that from my mom), and I love to see all the daffodils and tulips pop up out of the ground with their delicate little buds and then turn into the most beautiful blooms that make for a gorgeous backdrop to our simple little world.

We have had a few really warm days the past few weeks, and I finally had a chance to take my little sweet pea to the zoo for the first time. (Pictures to follow in a later post) I loved being able to finally get outside and enjoy the weather. Not to mention that my skin could use a little sunshine too, after being stuck indoors all winter! :) We even had a chance to do a little yard work, which I didn't get a chance to do much of last year, because I was pregnant. It's funny how much I am like my mom, because we were both itching at the chance to be able to get out and work in the yard this year.

Emma and I also had the chance last week to bring a little Spring to our house by putting out the Easter decorations, which I have been wanting to put out for like a month! They make me so happy and I hope they make you happy as well. Here are some pictures for you to Enjoy!

My little daffodils, so cute!

I love my bunny from Hobby Lobby, it reminds me of Peter Rabbit!

Speckled Eggs, another Hobby Lobby find. Love them too!

Mom gave me my first shamrock plant. She kept hers for almost 12 years.

I have vowed to keep fresh flowers in the house until Fall.

I put some leftover eggs from a garland, in these vases in my kitchen.

I have been using this grapevine wreath for 4 years, it gets a makeover every season.

Well I hope you have enjoyed reading this post as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Until next time, Happy Spring!

P.S. I am linking up with Heather today from Life Made Lovely. Check out her blog, she is fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. your decor is beautiful, and i love the wreath with the letter in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that shamrock plant is huge! love them!

    ReplyDelete