Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I HAVE GONE CRAFTING CRAZY!!


Well not sure what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but here in Kentucky the temp has been over 100 degrees with the heat index. Yuck! (I think I may have sweated a little just thinking about going outside!!) I decided that since it has been too hot to do any kind of yard work (hubby is supposed to cut the grass today, it's like a jungle, but I worry about him while he's out there) I would do a little crafting inside where it's nice and cool. Like I stated in an earlier post, I have been making some changes to things around the house to give it a little face lift. I usually tend to do this in the summer, because after looking at the same things all winter long, you tend to want to change it up a bit.

Here are a few of the projects that I completed over the past several days:

This is a project that I did for sweat peas room, and she actually got to help as well. I had these frames hanging in her room already but was tired of the pictures in them, so I thought and thought of what to do, and then it finally came to me. I had always wanted prints of her hands and feet when she was a newborn but never got around to it, so since she is now 1 I decided that now is as good a time as any. I had some leftover drop cloth material from my drop cloth curtain project, so I decided to us that as the background. I just attached it to the backing of the frame with tape and then went to work on the design. I used craft paint to paint sweet peas feet and hands and then just stamped them on the cloth. (Not sure how good of an idea this project was with a 1 year old because she freaked out when I was painting her feet and ended up getting paint all over me and her daddy before we could get her feet on the cloth!)




Here is the finished product on the wall. Love the way they turned out!


My next project I saw over at Dear Lillie, and loved it, so I made a couple myself. You can check her tutorial out here. I made one for the year we were established as a married couple, and one for when we became a family of 3. I think they are pretty sweet.







These zinnias are from my garden, aren't they pretty!!


The final project I completed was one for my dining room table. I was sick of staring at the same old vase with flowers, so I decided to come up with a whole new look. I knew I wanted some kind of tray, with a bunch of little trinkets, but needed to find just the right ones. So off to the trusty ol' Hobby Lobby I went. I found this beautiful metal tray in the clearance section for only $10! The color didn't quite go with the rest of my decor, so I decided to spray paint it white. (My hubby has been really bothered lately by all the painting I have been doing, he keeps saying "why do you keep painting everything white??" I just smile and say "oh honey, it will look so much better") A couple of coats later, the tray was finished and the final look was just what I had been looking for.

The tray when I purchased it.

Don't you just love the beautiful detailing!

After a couple of coats if paint.

Here it is all dressed up on the table. I would eventually love to get a glass cloche to put over the little herb plant, but for now this will do.

Well hubby is finishing up the grass, so I better get dinner started. I have a few more projects in the works, so I will post those at a later date.

Until next time, BYE!

Linking up to Kim for Wow us Wednesdays over at Savvy Southern Style

1 comment:

  1. Happy crafting! Lovely little tray!! And yes it is HOT in Alabama too! Visiting from Savvy Southern Style!!

    ReplyDelete