Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sweet Pea's 1!!

Even though it has been almost a month since my sweet pea turned one, I am just now getting around to writing this post, mainly because I think I am in denial that I actually have a one year old (insert scream here)!!!!! It feels like it was just yesterday that I was snuggling with my new little 5 lb. 15 oz. baby who didn't know how to do anything but eat, poop and sleep. Now she is a crawling machine and is into EVERYTHING! I can't deny that is has been a blast to see her grow up thus far, because all the different stages of development are so unique and it is so fun to just stand back and watch what she can accomplish. Everyday with her is a new adventure and her daddy and I are just along for the ride!

Planning parties is something I LOVE to do, and planning hers was probably the most fun I have ever had. I decided to not go with your typical picture theme party, but just stuck with a color theme. Mainly because it was SO easy to find things that matched. You wouldn't believe all the pink and green stuff that they have out in the stores right now! Most of the decor and party supplies came from Target (in the dollar bin) and the Dollar Tree. Including food, flowers, and supplies I think we literally spent less than $200 on this party, which is pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

I made all of the decorations and my sweet friend Maurie made the cake and smash cake. She did a fabulous job and I can't thank her enough for doing it. Since I have such a big family and most of them live in town, I opted to only invite them and a few friends, otherwise we would have had a LARGE crowd. Sweet pea was so excited that most everyone was able to come, and I think got to spend time with almost everyone at the party. She was such a trooper and was in good spirits the whole day (which is usually rare for someone her age)!

When it was time for her to eat her cake we were curious to see how she would react because most of the time she hates for her hands to be dirty. Surprisingly she didn't mind too much, but was pretty careful in the beginning until I did what at least 70% of us moms do and smashed her whole hand into the cake. It was then that she decided that it was OK, and had some fun, and when she was done, went straight to the bathtub. She received all kinds of wonderful presents and some money for her college fund that we started her before she was born.

All in all the day was a blast, and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Even though I am sad the she had to turn one, I am just so lucky to have such a healthy and happy baby. I am definitely looking forward to what the future holds for her and us as a family. I have shared a bunch of pics from the day below, I hope you enjoy.

Until next time, BYE!!


Cake by my friend Maurie and topper made by ME

Smash Cake by Maurie

Tissue pom poms by ME

Table decor

LOVED making all this stuff!

Homemade birthday banner



SO HOLLYWOOD



"Yeah, I'm One!"

OH MY GOODNESS!!





Cute bloomers from my sister in law

The Princess in her NEW chariot

Her Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair from great grandmother

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Linking to the lovely Heather at Life Made Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment