Thursday, July 5, 2012

Peter Rabbit Birthday Party

I realize that I have been absent from this little blog of mine for a while, but let me tell you June was a busy month for us.  We kicked the month off with sweet pea's 2nd Birthday, then left for vacation the very next day, and then celebrated father's day the day after we got back.  I have spent the past 2 weeks playing catch up with laundry, yard work, projects, etc..  I hope to catch up on all the posts that I have planned, so I apologize in advance for bombarding you with several posts today.

Like I said sweet pea turned 2 in early June and we got to celebrate on her actual birthday this year with just close family.  I figured since we did the whole big shebang for her 1st, we would keep it low key for the 2nd.  I saw lots of cute ideas on pinterest for kids on their birthdays and I loved the idea of waking up to balloons in your room.   I just picked up a pack from Walgreen's and blew them all up after she went to bed.  Once she was asleep, I tossed them in her room and when she woke up in the morning she was so excited!  She loves balloons and she played with them all day.

 

I also wanted to do something special for breakfast, so we took an early morning trip to Krispy Kreme.  We don't have donuts very often, so it was definitely a treat.


She looked so cute in her hat while eating her sprinkle donut.  I didn't even mind cleaning up all the sprinkles when she was done.


Later that afternoon the family came over for a Peter Rabbit themed party.  Mom and I got inspired on a trip to Pottery Barn Kids one day when we saw that all the Easter stuff was on sale.  I had originally planned to do a garden themed party, but once I saw all the cute things PBK had I quickly changed my mind.  I think I spent less than $15 too which is awesome.  I forgot to take a picture of the cute invitations, but they were darling with a huge picture of Peter Rabbit on the front.

Here is sweet pea's new table (bday present from hubby and I) all decked out for her party.


Banner for the birthday girls chair, made from scrapbook paper and ribbon.


The melamine plate and cup came from PBK and you can find the tutorial for the carrot napkin/silverware here.  I purchased the napkins and forks at Hobby Lobby.


The cute little basket was also purchased at PBK and I filled it with leftover Easter grass and some fresh carrots from Kroger.  This was way cheaper than buying fake carrots which are really expensive.


I wanted the food at the party to reflect the theme so we went real simple and just had fruit salad, a sandwich bar, chips and cake.  I used the garden markers I found at Michael's a while back to mark the food.  The little picks also came from PBK.


The markers were stuck in mini terra cotta pots that I filled with dried beans.


For the cake I made a simple dirt cake which I placed in a medium sized pot.  I decorated it with fresh cabbage and carrots and used a gardening trough found in the dollar section at Target to serve it with.


Here is sweet pea posing in front of her table which she shared with her 2 cousins.  They were so cute sitting all together.


She of course got way too many presents, and we were very appreciative.  She played with almost all of them that day and was sad when it was time for everyone to go home.  Although the nice thing was she had all these new toys to play with when we got home from vacation.  Here is she is sporting the crown and a pair of dress up shoes we got her.  She also loves her Minnie and Mickey from Pawpaw and Suzie.


It was a very fun day, but I am sad that my baby is already two years old.  I just don't know where the time has gone.  I just need to make sure that I relish every moment with her because before I know it she will be 18, and probably not want to spend any time with me.  Hope everyone has a blessed day, and stay cool out there!

Linking up to:

1 comment: