Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Weekend - Part 2

Well here I am back again.  Two posts in one day is pretty impressive for me but I figure while I have my internet working I might as well get as much done as possible.  Sweet pea just woke up from her nap though, so I better make this one kinda short.

Memorial Day (Monday) my sister was off work so we got the chance to take our little ones to the zoo together.  We don't get that chance very often because sister works during the week and I work on Saturdays so that doesn't leave much time for sisterly bonding.  It was in the 90's that day so I put sweet pea in her bathing suit so we could visit the splash park while we were there to cool off a bit.

Sweet pea and I haven't gotten to the zoo in a few weeks so there are a bunch of animals that are back for the summer that we hadn't gotten the chance to see yet.  These large turtles were one of the things.  I don't know what it is but there is just something about turtles that fascinate me.  I guess I'm just weird, oh well!


We got through about half the zoo and then decided it was getting pretty hot so we needed to cool down.  This is the first time we had been to the splash park because last year sweet pea was just too little.  I am so glad they had an area for the smaller kids because the larger part of the park kinda scared her.  She wasn't as crazy about the water as some of the kids, but she still had fun.  Doesn't she look precious in her little fishy suit!!




Every time she would get water in her face she would say "good job Emma" and give me high five.  She likes self motivating!


Cooper didn't wear his swimmy suit but next time he will for sure.  I think he wouldn't mind getting his little feet wet.  We did soak his hat in the water though so it would keep him cool.  I just love this picture that sister captured of him!!


All in all it was a fun day and I can't wait until we can go back again.  Next weekend we will be celebrating sweet pea's 2nd birthday and that makes me so sad.  I can't believe my little baby is already turning 2 years old.  Boy does time fly!  We are also leaving next weekend for the beach and this will be sweet pea's first ever vacation.  I am beyond excited and hope that she loves the beach as much as I do.  Well there is a pile of clothes that need to be ironed that is calling my name so I better go, but until next time I hope you all have a wonderful day, BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment