Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Tree

This post is a little late, but I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family and tons of food and fun!  I wanted to make sure that I shared this little project that we did this November before its over tomorrow.  I have always wanted to do a Thankful Tree and thought since sweet pea is getting older now would be a good time to start.  Originally I had wanted to make one that would hang on the door to her playroom, but never got around to it, so I opted for the alternative.

I already had the leaves on hand from last year (purchased at the Dollar Tree) and the branches I found in my mom's yard.  Every day we would write what we were thankful for on a leaf and then tie it to one of the branches.


The tree sat on a table in the living room so everyday I would walk by it several times and be reminded of how fortunate we are to have so many things to be thankful for.



This is definitely a tradition that I can't wait to continue and pass on to my kids to do with their kids one day. It really reminds you to stop and think how fortunate most of us are, and that we really need to quit stressing the small things in life and be thankful for what we do have.


Hope you enjoyed, I will be back a little later tonight with a recap from our Thanksgiving this year.  Until then, BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment