Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Well yesterday was the big day which brought an end to our Countdown to Halloween adventure.  I am really glad that I started this tradition with sweet pea because it encouraged me to slow down and spend more time with her (since I often get caught up in things that don't matter as much like housework), and it also helped me to keep my creative juices flowing.  I am pretty sure she enjoyed everything that we did, so hopefully we can continue this tradition next year with some new and fun ideas.

Sweet pea unfortunately came down with the stomach flu the night before Halloween, so she wasn't feeling the best yesterday, but in true trooper form she still rallied on and put on the sweetest smile ever!  We went over to my sis-in-laws house for dinner and then I took sweets out with my nephews.  Since it was cold and she wasn't feeling well we didn't go far, but she still managed to get TONS of candy.  She seemed to perk up once she saw all her loot, but I didn't let her have any since her belly had been sick :(  

Is she not the cutest little Strawberry Shortcake that you've ever seen!!





The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was on when we got home, so I let her stay up to watch it before heading to bed.  She loved it and got upset when it would go to commercial.  She kept saying "bring that show back mommy!"


I did cave in once we got home and let her have a few licks off one of her suckers, after all it was Halloween!


My sweet aunt heard sweet pea wasn't feeling well, so she dropped this book off for her and we read it before she went to bed.  Thanks Aunt Trish your the best!


Sweet pea is still a little under the weather today, so hopefully she will start feeling better soon.  I just hate it when she is sick and there is nothing I can do!  Now that Halloween is over I think sweets and I will be putting away the spooky decorations today and bringing out the Turkeys and Pilgrims.  

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween 2012, see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment