Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 Recap

This year we had Thanksgiving with hubby's family, and I have to say that it was a very relaxing day.  Sweet pea and I got up and made breakfast while daddy slept in a bit.  Can you tell she was excited about Turkey Day! :)


My favorite part about Thanksgiving morning since I was little is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, so that is exactly what we did after breakfast.  One of sweet pea's favorite parts was when the cast of Cinderella the musical was on.  She is rather in to the Disney princesses right now.


After breakfast I whipped up some green bean casserole and sweet potatoes and we all got ready and headed over to my sister in laws house.  I had to get a picture of sweet pea and her cousin in their Indian head dresses.  Aren't they just precious!


We dined on 2 different types of turkey and all the fixins and let me tell you it was DELICIOUS!  I ate so much that I couldn't even make it back for seconds.  That didn't stop me from having some pumpkin pie later in the day though :)  Sis in law really outdid herself this year and I was glad that we got to be there to enjoy it!


Once we were able to peel ourselves off of the couch, we headed home just in time to catch Charlie Browns Thanksgiving before bedtime.  I have to say, thanks to the turkey induced coma I slept very well that night and was refreshed enough to do a little black Friday shopping, but not until that evening.  (I was not about to get up at the crack of dawn to stand in the freezing cold for anything!)

Well now that Thanksgiving has wrapped up the countdown is on for Christmas.  I got a bunch of shopping done while sweet pea was at school today, and I hope to be finished by next week, but we shall see.  Most of the Christmas decor has been put out, but we are hoping to get our tree up and lights on the house this weekend.  I am gonna try to snap some pictures to share once everything is complete.  Until then I hope you all have a wonderful night and I will see you next time, BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment