Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An Easter 1st!


I know Easter was a few weekends ago, but I am just getting around to writing this post. This Easter was even more special to me than any before, because it was the 1st for my sweet pea! Something about having a kid makes every holiday that much more exciting. I think because as a parent you finally get to buy all that cute stuff they put out in the stores for the holidays, and you get to start your own family traditions to go along with the ones that you may already have from being a kid yourself.

Even though I had fractured my arm the day before I still wanted to make the day as special as possible for her. (Yes I know she is only 10 months and doesn't know any better, but I like to think she does!) Thankfully hubby was such a big help and recorded and captured the day on film. I don't know what I would have done without him! Here are a few shots of sweet pea opening her Easter basket.









After we ate breakfast we all got ready (Which took me forever with just one arm!) and headed over to my mother in laws house for Easter lunch with hubby's family. It was very delicious and we were so excited that hubby's Grandma was still in town and got to spend Easter with all of us this year, especially for sweet pea's very first. Mom helped me make a chocolate chip cookie pie for dessert the previous day, another delicious recipe from the ladies at Our Best Bites.

Once our food settled (and hubby snuck in a nap) we headed over to my parents house for ROUND 2 with my mom's family. Everyone was so excited to see sweet pea and snuggle with her because they don't get to see her that often. Sweet pea also got to open another Easter basket from her Nana and Pop.

All in all the day was pretty perfect (Except for the nasty rain), and I look forward to next year when sweet pea can walk and have her very first egg hunt. Hopefully everyone else out there had as great of a day celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus as much as we did.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment