Monday, May 23, 2011

Out with the OLD in with the NEW


Saturday we are having a multi family yard sale at our house, so I have been digging through stuff for weeks now, and boy have I found ALOT to get rid of. I told hubby that I am not playing around this time, and I am gonna clean house! Basically I am getting rid of anything that we are not currently using. I know this may sound drastic, but since we live in a 1000 sq. ft home with only 4 closets, we don't have a whole lot of room to store things.

All this cleaning out got me thinking that it was time to give the house a little face lift. We have lived in our home for almost 3 years, and since then I have moved stuff around and from room to room, but I never got rid of much, SO, I think it's safe to say that it is time.

The wheels started turning in my head about what I could change, without having to spend much money. One idea I came up with was to change the look of some books I have laying on the entry table. They were just a collection that I picked up routing around my mom's house, so since they were free I wasn't too picky at the time on how they looked. So I thought to myself, "What could I do to change these books?", and then it hit me, I'll find some cute scrapbook paper and wrap them in it, and "viola" instant change.

So, I got in my car and drove to my favorite store Hobby Lobby, picked up a couple sheets of scrapbook paper and brought em' home. When I actually sat down to wrap them I wasn't sure they were going to be able to wrap all the way around, and sure enough I was right, but it didn't matter I just turned that side to the back and you can't even tell.

Here is how they turned out........









CUTE right?? And the best part is it cost me less than $2 to give my whole table a different look. My sconces are a new addition as well, only $11 a piece in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby. Have I mentioned that I LOVE Hobby Lobby??

Well I hope this inspires you to give your house a little Spring face lift as well. Until next time visit Heather over at Life Made Lovely on this lovely Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment