Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day


Last Sunday was my very first Mother's Day with my sweet pea and it was a very special day! Hubby let me sleep in until 9:30 which was wonderful and then we got to spend a little time together before we parted ways to see our mothers. (I know it seems weird that we didn't spend the day together, but being as both of our mothers live here, it makes it hard to see both families in the same day, so we compromised, which was fine.)

Hubby went to brunch with his family and then went to his mothers to work on building her flower beds for her mothers day gift. Sweet pea and I went to brunch with my parents and my dad's side of the family at the River Valley Club (a small private club in Louisville where my grandmother is a member, and where hubby and I had our wedding reception). The club is located on the Ohio River and even though we have had a lot of flooding over the past several months, the sun ended up coming out and the river actually still looked pretty.

Brunch was delicious and it was nice to get to spend time with my mom and family because since everybody has such different schedules it is always hard to try and get everyone together. After sweet pea took her nap we headed over to my mom's house to hang out with her the rest of the day. Sweet pea loves my mom (Nana) so much and gets so excited when she gets to see her, so she was very happy to be spending the day with her Nana.

Since the day was so nice we decided to take a long stroll in my mom's neighborhood and little did we know what we were going to see on this adventure. Mom's neighborhood is very quaint and quiet and it's VERY suburban. There is some new development going up next to the neighborhood so we decided to peek in the windows of the beautiful new show home. As we were doing so, we heard a noise that we never thought we would hear in the city and became very confused. It was the noise of chickens (yes, you heard right)! We turned around and low and behold behind one of the older homes located next to the new development there was a whole coop full of chickens, and 2 small goats. It was like a mini farm right smack dab in the middle of suburbia. So we just had to walk over and check it out and yes folks, I took a picture.

So all in all my first mother's day was pretty eventful and I wouldn't change it for the world. I am looking forward to next year already. Until next time, BYE!



Me and my sweet pea

River Valley Club

Sweet pea in an old fashion high chair

my love

Mom and all her girls

3 generations

On our walk

The chickens! Aren't they cute??

No comments:

Post a Comment