Monday, May 2, 2011

Yummy Delights


Well because of my bum arm (see previous post) it's been a while since I have been on here, but I am glad to be back. I bow down to all people with permanent disabilities that take care of children on an every day basis, because taking care of my 10 month old with one arm (and not my dominant arm) has proved to be a task in itself. Hopefully I will be back to my normal self very soon.

Anywho, while reading some blogs one day I stumbled across the most awesome food blog that I have ever laid eyes on. I am sure some of you have heard of it if you have been blogging for a while, but me being new to the blogging community was over the moon excited to have discovered it!! The site is called Our Best Bites, and it's fantastic. I was so ecstatic to find new recipes to try, since I think my husband is getting tired of me making the same ol' things.

I am sure some of you out there are just like me, and get stuck in a rut when it comes to making decisions about what to purchase at the grocery and make for dinner. (Especially when you ask your honey what he wants, and his response is always, "I don't care", and then when you get home he states "We don't have any food", UGH!!) I tend to always stick with the same safe things, and chicken seems to be one of my staples. I know I should step out of the box since both of us work for a chicken establishment, but there are just so many things you can do with it.

I decided that I would share one of the recipes I got the chance to make before I hurt my arm. They are called Creamy Chicken and Bacon pastry pockets and you can find the recipe here. They are actually under the appetizer tab on the site, but I decided to make them as an entree. They were delicious, and we decided to pair them with a salad for a little green with the meal.







Hopefully once my arm gets better, I will be able to share some of the other recipes that I am going to try. Until next time!!

I am linking up with Heather at Life Made Lovely today, go check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment