Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween and Fall Color

Hopefully everyone had a very Happy Halloween. I know I did, and loved every minute of taking my little poodle trick or treating! I was also very grateful that it ended up being a little chilly last night, because A) It made it feel more like Halloween, and B) Sweet Pea did not burn up in her costume. She was such a trooper and walked a LONG way but once her legs started giving out on her we knew it was time to bribe her with some candy and put her in the wagon. She tries so hard to keep up with the big kids, and just doesn't understand that she is only 17 months.

Here is a picture of the crew from last night. We had a Perry (from Phineas and Ferb), sweet pea was a poodle named "Fifi" and my nephews were Boba Fett and Jango Fett from Star Wars.

I love this picture of sweet pea and her daddy. It makes me happy :)

Now that we have all this candy in our house I can't seem to stop eating it. I even went to Target today and bought more. Someone help me!!


I shared in an earlier post that I had added a bit of Fall to my flower beds out front, so I wanted to share a few pics. I was sick of starring at the pink begonias I had planted this summer and wanted to add some color that would stand the cold, so in one of my beds I added some pansies and ornamental cabbage.


I got my inspiration for the cabbage from the October issue of Southern Living. They had the most wonderful porch on the cover all decked out in gourds and cabbage. It was beautiful! I just love the colors of these plants and thought they went well with the pansies.

I like the mixture of the two different leaves together.


Here is the other bed out front. I just popped a few mums in between my hastas to add a little fall color around my little scarecrow family. Aren't they cute??!


In other news, can you believe that it is already November 1st! Where did the time go? I cannot wait for Thanksgiving, I can already smell the turkey cooking! (On a side note, I have not bought a single Christmas present yet, and it is slowly but surely creeping up on us, so I better get on the ball).

Well until next time, Happy Fall Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment