Monday, November 14, 2011

Touches of Thanksgiving

It's been a little hectic around my household lately, so I haven't been able to post as much as I would like, so I will be playing catch up this week once again. I wanted to share with you some of the change that I have made to my Fall decor to make way for Thanksgiving that is quickly approaching.

I decided that the dining room table would be the prefect place to display my pilgrims (purchased at Hobby Lobby a few years ago) and my new cornucopia that I got from Michael's for only $7!

Isn't it pretty! I like it much better than my old one because it is way bigger and allows me to fill it with more things.

I filled it with real and fake gourds this year, to give it more texture and color. I am so glad that my real gourds have not rotted yet, because I have had them for over a month now.

I also purchased a bushel of wheat from Hobby Lobby. I love how natural and simple it is, but still so pretty. I filled the wire container with pine cones from my yard (we have 3 pine trees in our front yard, so we have plenty of them), and they will probably get recycled for some sort of Christmas craft.

The glass cloche is from Arhaus and was a birthday gift from my best friend Amanda. I placed a metallic pumpkin from Hobby Lobby underneath it, and then put in on a book that I ripped the cover off of. I really like the look of the cover less books and it seems to be very popular now in the home decorating catalogs.

My entry table got a face-lift as well.

I like decorating with natural elements, because then it seems less staged that way. Corn is definitely a symbol of Thanksgiving.

A printout that I found at dear lillie. It is a line from Anne of Green Gables. I loved those movies when I was a kid.


The printout sits next to my very favorite picture of my sweet pea and my 2 nephews from the pumpkin patch last year. She was so small (*sniff *sniff).

I found this pumpkin turkey kit at Home Depot and just had to have it. What a great way to re-use your pumpkin from Halloween (that is, if you didn't carve yours). I know sweet pea will love doing this project every year at Thanksgiving.


Well that is the end of my Thanksgiving tour. I hope you enjoyed yourself. Until next time Gobble Gobble!!

No comments:

Post a Comment