Monday, November 28, 2011

Mmm Mmm Mondays #2

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had a great time getting together with my mom's side of the family, whom I don't get to see that often. When we all get together it is like a madhouse, but I love every minute of it! I have been fighting a terrible cough/laryngitis for about week now, but am starting to feel a little better. I have been bummed because I am one of those crazies that LOVES to sing in the car, but since having no voice I haven't been able to. (boohoo!)

Sweet pea and I did a little holiday decorating today, and I hope to show you all once we get our big tree put up. We have a wooden reindeer in the living room that has a light bulb nose, and sweet pea is mesmerized by it. We will see if things stay where they are with little curious hands. (She has literally started getting into everything!!)

Well on to why your really here, the second installment of Mmm Mmm Mondays. Today I am featuring a recipe that I found via pinterest. There are some awesome recipes out there and this one really caught my eye. I am an Italian loving fool, so I could probably eat this everyday if I had too. It also contains my other favorite food and staple, chicken. Here ya go.

Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Roll-ups

You will need:
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp white pepper
8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained (I boiled mine for about 10 mins)
2 cups spaghetti sauce

(milk not pictured)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl combine chicken, cheeses, milk and white pepper. I added a little black pepper as well, because pepper just makes everything taste better, and I told you how Hubby loves his food seasoned. This is what you will have once everything is mixed.

Spread 1/2 cup mixture on each lasagna noodle and roll jelly-roll style like so.

Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Once all rolls are complete, arrange them seem side down into the sauce.

Top the rolls with your remaining sauce. Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until hot.

Serve with a salad and bread and ENJOY!

Don't they look delicious??


That is it, quick and simple just like I like. This meal took me no time at all and and was delicious. Like I stated last week I am one of those cooks that likes to be in and out of the kitchen (especially trying to cook while watching a curious 18 mo. old), so this was the prefect recipe for me.

Hubby rating: 4
He said next time I make this I need to try and make my own sauce.

Well that is all that I have for you today. I hope you all are having better weather than we are, because it has been raining non-stop for the past few days. Ugh! Until next time, BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment