Monday, February 13, 2012

Mmm Mmm Mondays #12 : Valentine's Day Edition!

Well Valentine's Day is finally upon us and I decided to make a little something for breakfast yesterday that I saw on Pinterest. You can find the original pin here. I made them on Sunday, since Valentines falls on a Tuesday this year and I don't usually make family breakfast during the week. This was a super easy and fun thing to make and sweet pea really enjoyed it. Cinnamon rolls are always a big hit with my family so what better way to celebrate the holiday of LOVE than with heart shaped ones. Here is how to make your very own.

Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls

You will need:
1 can flaky cinnamon rolls
red food coloring

(Sorry about the open package, I got a little ahead of myself and forgot to take a pic)

First take all your cinnamon rolls and the icing out of the package, then unroll each roll like so.

Take one side and fold it in like this to make one half of the heart.

Then fold in your other side to complete the heart.

This is what you should end up with.

While they were baking, I took some red food coloring and dyed my icing pink. Two drops is all you will need. Make sure you get it mixed in well, or you will have some white showing through.

Here is what they look like when they are done. Aren't they cute!!

Ice them up and Enjoy. Yum!



Such a simple and fun way to spice up a breakfast staple item in our household. When I asked hubby how he liked them, he replied "they taste the same as they always do", thanks for you enthusiasm babe!!

Sweet pea and I also enjoyed a Valentine's baking day today and I wanted to share a few pics of my little helper. I tell you what she is truly a natural in the kitchen, because I barely gave her instructions and she knew just what to do. I may have the next Martha Stewart on my hands!


We made devils food cupcakes with Reese PB cups in the middle and then I made the Cake Boss's peanut butter frosting to go on top. I am taking them to work tomorrow, I hope they are good.

These are our matching aprons that I got for Christmas from hubby's grandparents. Sweet pea was too cute prancing around in hers. Having a cute little helper makes baking 2x more fun!

Hope everyone has a very Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. Hubby, sweet pea and I are going to our favorite Mexican restaurant and then hubs and I are gonna watch a movie. My how things change when you have a child. (For the better of course!) Until next time, BYE!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! How fun are those cinnamon rolls! I have to ask where did you get your curtain in your kitchen? LOVE!! I did to change out some of our curtains in our house and that is adorable! Your little sweet pea is a cutie and it looks like ya'll enjoyed a few day of baking! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought the fabric at Hancock's and then my mother in law sewed them for me. I got the fabric last year, but I am pretty sure I saw it there a few weeks ago.

      Delete