Monday, February 6, 2012

Mmm Mmm Monday #11:Superbowl Edition!

Hopefully everyone had a fun filled Superbowl day! We hung out at my sister-in-laws house all day and played games until the BIG game came on. We also pretty much ate all day, and boy was everything yuuumy!! I literally don't think I could have eaten more if I tried, I was full as a tick until I went to bed. Everyone that came to the party brought a dish, so we had lots of variety. I decided that I wanted to make something that I had never made before, so I poked around pinterest a bit looking for some inspiration.

I came across a recipe for a buffalo chicken cheese ball, and decided that it sounded yummy. I wasn't 100 % satisfied with the recipe that I found, so I decided to just use the idea of making the cheese ball, but come up with my own recipe, using things that I had on hand. Here is how I made it.

Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball

You will need:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 pkgs cream cheese (8 oz)
1/2 bottle wing or hot sauce
1/2 can diced green chiles
1 cup monterey jack cheese
shredded cheddar cheese

sour cream-for garnish

Place everything in a large mixing bowl, except for the cheddar cheese.

Using your hands, mix everything together very well.

Once it's mixed, form ingredients into a ball, and place on wax paper.

Next flatten the ball a bit and shape into a football.

Next take your cheddar cheese and coat the outside of your cheese ball generously.

To create the laces on the football, place sour cream into a plastic baggy and cut off the tip to use as a pastry bag. Make the laces as shown below. Place cheese ball in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve or leave for your event. It will keep the cheese from getting to soft.

Serve with scoopable tortilla chips and Enjoy! (I left the football on the wax paper but just trimmed the excess off once I transfered it to the plate)

I'm pretty sure that this cheese ball was a hit, because it was almost gone when I left the party after halftime. Hubby enjoyed it thoroughly as well, but said that it needed a bit more wing sauce. It had a nice flavor, but could have used a bit more kick.

Hubby's (and everyone else) rating: WHOPPING 5!

I hope you enjoy this recipe if you choose to indulge. I am going to go enjoy some chocolate chip cookies and good TV so I will see you later. Until next time, BYE!

Linking up at:

No comments:

Post a Comment