Monday, February 27, 2012

Mmm Mmm Mondays #14

Well today was yet another gorgeous day here in the Bluegrass state. It's hard to believe that it is just February and not even Springtime yet, because it sure does feel like it. We have had the most mild winter, and I am beginning to wonder if that means we are going to have a HOT summer. Most people I have talked to seem to think that we are going to have a pretty miserable summer, so I am going to just enjoy this nice weather we're having while we got it.

Hubby and I had a bit of cleaning out to do in our raised beds before planting season, so we took the opportunity to get it done today. It rained a few days ago so the ground was nice and soft and easy to clean up. Sweet pea is our new little garden helper, and boy did she have fun! She would go back and forth between hubby and I and "help" dig in the dirt wherever we were. She was not a bit afraid to get up close and personal with the dirt. She even touched a couple worms! Here she is helping daddy work.

She decided in the middle of digging to for-go the rake and just use her hands. Needless to say she went straight into the bath once we got inside.


She had to take a little break, because yard work is tiring you know!


She also enjoyed riding in the wheelbarrow. How can you resist that little smile. So stinkin cute!! (excuse my spray painting project in the background)



Anyways, I took a little break from cooking today since it was so nice outside, and let hubby do a little grilling, so I don't have an actual recipe to share with you today, but more of an inspiration to enjoy the good ol' outdoors. We LOVE grilling out in the Spring and Summer. Can you guess what we had tonight from this picture??



If you guessed bratwurst, then you would be right! They were so delicious and really hit the spot. We paired them with some mustard potato salad and chips. I usually make my own red potato salad, but this time we just went with store bought.


What a better way to kick off the fast approaching Springtime, than with good ol' hardwork and a yummy reward.

I promise to have a new recipe to share with you next week. I know I have kinda slacked off the past couple weeks. Maybe I will try and shoot for a sweet treat. Maybe! Hope everyone has a great week, until next time, BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment