Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Hey ya'll!  I hope all the mothers out there had an awesome and relaxing weekend.  I know I really enjoyed my weekend, and I was so excited to celebrate with my sister for her very first mother's day.  It makes me so happy that we are getting to raise our kids at the same time, and will always be there for each other when we need it.

On Friday mom and I (with sweet pea and my nephew in tow) attended the Gardener's Fair at Locust Grove, which is a historic home in Louisville.  It is actually the place where hubby and I got married, and I love going back and remembering that day, because it makes me so happy.  This is the 4th year that mom and I have gone, so it has become our tradition for mother's day to go, since it is always held the same weekend.  Even if you don't purchase anything, it is just fun to walk around and see what the local vendors have brought to sell, and some of the displays are just beautiful to look at.  This year they had all kinds of things for sale, including jewelery, but I kept my wallet shut and just purchased veggies for our garden.  Below are some pictures from our afternoon.

I am always tempted by this ladies booth, because she has the best baskets, and they are always so cheap.  I am a sucker for baskets!


My mom however purchased a basket, and sweet pea used it to tote around her "friends".  She looks like a little shopper in training in this picture.


I thought this salad garden was the most genius idea and totally wanted to buy it, but it was $100! I just couldn't justify that.


Mom and I always purchase flowers from this booth, because they are just gorgeous.  I mean look at all those beautiful colors!  Sweet pea was infatuated with a basket full of fuschia, and I almost bought it just because she loved it so much. For those of you that don't know what fuschia is, it looks like little pnk/ppl ballerina dancers.



This is one of the buildings on the property.  I think it may have been some kind of workshop.


We told sweet pea that we saw a butterfly so that she would look at the camera, but instead she looked for it in the opposite direction, oh well!


Another building on the property, I think a slave house.



This is the main house and we actually got married in the lawn where I am standing taking the picture and then took our wedding pictures on the steps of the front porch.  It has been restored back to its original beauty and can be toured during the fair.  It's just gorgeous inside.


All in all we had a great time and didn't break the bank too bad.  Hubby and I planted the veggies I bought earlier this week, and I can't wait for them to start producing!


Sunday, my sister and I made brunch for everyone at mom and dad's house, and it was delish!  The weather that day was pretty miserable, but the company was great and it was awesome that all 3 of us got to spend our momma's day together.  I have the best mom in the world, and couldn't ask for a better role model or nana to my kids.  She has taught me more about being a wife and a mom than she will ever know, and I love her to the moon and back.  Thanks mom for everything that you have done, do and will continue to do for me and my family, I love you!

Well it's getting late and I will be getting a wake up call from a certain little person very soon, so I should probably hit the hay.  I hope you all have a lovely Friday, and I will see you next time, BYE!

Linking to Inspiration Fridays At the Picket Fence

No comments:

Post a Comment