Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lady Antebellum and the KY State Fair


This past Thursday I attended the Lady Antebellum concert which happened to be the kick off to the Kentucky State Fair. One of my best friends Amanda and I went to the concert together (because hubby did not want to go for some reason) and we had a blast! We decided to go a little early before the concert so we could walk around the fair a bit, and then of course we had to eat fair food, which consisted of corn dogs, funnel cake, and fudge. YUM!

A Fair performer

Love the little piglets!

If you have been to the fair at least once you pretty much have seen it all. I don't think much has changed since I was a little kid. There were however some new food items on the menu that we did not try, but were told were appealing by some other fair goers. Three new items happen to be fried kool-aid dough balls, fried Derby pie, and a Krispy Kreme buffalo chicken sandwich. (Yes, you heard me right!) Last years big draw was the Krispy Kreme donut burger, so of course they had to up the anty this year. I was however tempted to purchase the friend chocolate chip cookie dough, but decided against it.

Donut Burger, YUCK!

Freddy Farm Bureau is a fair favorite!

After walking around a bit we made our way to the concert. The opening act for Lady A was Lee Brice, an up and coming star who sings the hit "Love You Like Crazy". He put on a great show, and was a great intro to Lady A! Of course Lady A put on a fabulous show and I was so impressed at how good they sounded live. Not to mention I wanted to steal the shoes that Hillary was wearing. They were silver sparkly stilettos and they were GORGEOUS!

I didn't get to take many pictures because my camera sucks and was about to die the whole night, but here are a few I did manage to capture.

Amanda and I

Only pic I got of Lee Brice performing

My cute mom and her sisters were there too!

Me and my mommy

LADY A!!!




It was a great night, and I am very thankful to hubby for staying at home with sweet pea so mommy could go out. Thanks babe! Until next time, BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment