Friday, August 19, 2011

A Lovely Birthday Surprise


My birthday was a few weeks ago, but I am just now getting around to showing you what hubby gave me for my birthday. While roaming around in blog land I came upon the most adorable garden/potting bench that someone had found at none other than BIG LOTS. I got real excited when I saw that she only paid $35 for it. I showed it to hubby and asked if I could get one, and his response was not at all what I wanted to hear, "NO"!

It turned out they didn't end up having them at our BIG LOTS anyway so I kinda forgot all about it. Little did I know that my hubby was busy concocting something in that large brain of his. He instead constructed me my very own one-of-a-kind garden bench. I had no idea that hubby was so good at building things from scratch, and I think he kinda surprised himself a little. I was very shocked to come home that day and find my perfect bench waiting for me. The fact that he put some much time, effort, and sweat into it means the world to me, and makes me love it that much more!

So without further ado, here she is:


And her she is all dressed up. I still need to get some hooks for the peg board so I can hang up my hand tools.


Pretty good, right? Can't decide if I am going to paint it or not, because I kind of like the natural look. What do you think? Hubby may have just made a huge mistake letting me know that he was so handy, because now I have some other projects up my sleeve for him!





No comments:

Post a Comment