Monday, August 8, 2011

One more year closer to 30!


28 years ago a darling little girl was brought into this world, ME! Yep that's right, today is my birthday and boy do I feel old! Can't believe in just 2 short years, I will be 30! (Insert silent scream here) What better way to celebrate your birthday, than a whole week of celebration. Here's how it went and will go down.

Friday night hubby and I and a few friends went to Shogun, which is a Japanese hibachi restaurant, and had some delicious food from the hibachi grill. Complete with a birthday fruit boat. (Which by the way they sneakily charge you $7 for, and you don't realize it until you've already paid. Whatever happened to a FREE birthday dessert??) Below is a picture from that night.

Sorry about the poor quality, but I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a picture of a picture.

Sunday we had a cookout at our house with all of our family. It was so fun, and we had some delicious food. Hubby even made his own barbecue sauce for the chicken, and it was pretty tasty! We then had some birthday cake made by my sister in law Leah (she make the BEST chocolate cake), and after that I opened my gifts. I received so many wonderful things, and I am so grateful.

yummy barbecue chicken with homemade sauce
me and sweet pea
cutest bird vase ever. Thanks Mom!
Can't wait to decorate for Fall!
new necklace from sister and book from hubby's Grandma

Monday (Today) I am going to get my toes done, which I have been wanting to do for a long time, so what better day to do it. Not sure what else the day has in store for us, but I'm sure whatever it is it will be fun.

Tuesday we are going out to dinner with my grandmother to celebrate mine, my dads and my sisters birthday. August is the birthday month for my family.

Wednesday I am going to dinner with my best girlfriends, whom I don't get to see very much, because we all have such different schedules. I can't wait to catch up with everybody!

WOW, I am so blessed to be able to do all this stuff, and to have such wonderful family and friends to celebrate with. Thank you to our LORD for allowing me another happy and healthy year. Can't wait to see what next year has in store for me. Until next time I will leave you with this pic of sweet peas new trick. BYE!

Guess it's time for some drawer locks!

No comments:

Post a Comment