Monday, December 19, 2011

Mmm Mmm Mondays #5

I can't believe that Christmas is almost here. You wait and wait all year for it to get here and then BAM! it's over in a flash. I have been so busy trying to get the rest of my shopping and wrapping done that I haven't given myself any time to just enjoy the Holiday. I vow to have my shopping done by December 1st next year, so that I can take the time to really enjoy the spirit and activities of Christmas.

I know I promised a delicious Holiday party treat this post, but unfortuantely life happens and so I don't have one for you today. I do have another very delicious recipe to share however, and it is actually not from pinterest, but from my very own kitchen. Hubby loves Mexican food so I decided to try some slow cooker pork tacos. Here is how to make them.

Crockpot Shredded Pork Tacos

You will need:
2 lb pork roast
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 red onion
1 cup water
1 pkg tortillas

(All ingrediants are not pictured)

Sesaon the pork with all 3 spices and garlic, and place in crock pot. Pour 1 cup water over your meat. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. (May take longer depending on the size of your meat)


About 15 mintues before your meat is done, chop some red onion and sautee in a skillet with some olive oil until tender.


Once your meat is done take it out if the crock pot and place on a cutting board. Shred the whole roast and place in a bowl. (You can also leave it on the cutting board if you are going to eat it right away)


Heat your tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds. We used flour tortillas, but you can use corn if you prefer the taste. Place a scoop of pork into your tortilla and then top with some of the red onion. Then you can add whatever else you like in your taco. We added cheese and sour cream, and hubby even added a little hot sauce to his. (I told you he likes his food spicy!)



I am not a big onion person so I opted for just the cheese and sour cream. I also made us a little Spanish rice to go with our tacos.


This dish is really simple and if your looking for something different for dinner tonight, I would highly recommend this. If your looking to add a little more flavor to the pork, you could add some peppers in adobo sauce found in the latin aisle of the supermarket. I think I am going to try adding those next time I make this dish.


Hubby's rating:4


I am not sure I will be posting anymore before Christmas, so I hope everyone has a Wonderful Holiday filled with lots of family, love and laughter.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment