Thursday, December 15, 2011

O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree.....

We finally put our tree up last Friday, which was the latest we have ever put one up. We have had a lot going on this month it seems and have not gotten ourselves quite into the Christmas spirit this year. Better late than never though. I decided to take some pics today of the tree since it is kinda dark outside and I knew the lights would show up a little better in the pics.

Here is the tree with the living room lights on. If the tree looks like it's leaning than your eyes are not deceiving you. We had a minor accident the first night we put the tree up. The next morning we found it on the ground, but all ornaments were intact which was good. Only problem was we have carpet in our living room and water got spilled all over from the tree stand so the carpet was wet for a few days. Hubby leaned it towards the wall when he picked it up in case it decided to fall again. We think the trunk is too skinny for our tree stand and that's why it fell over.

I made a book page garland for the tree this year, and I absolutely LOVE it!! We have sort of a candy/gingerbread theme on our tree, so we have a lot of candy cane and gingerbread ornaments.

This ornament was given to us by my parents the first Christmas hubby and I were married.

I decided to start the tradition of giving sweet pea an ornament every year, so when she gets older and has a tree of her own she will have some sweet memories to add to it. This is the one I gave her last year for her first Christmas.

We of course have to add OU to the tree since hubby and his family are die hard Sooners fans. I think we have at least 4 OU ornaments on the tree but this is my favorite out of the bunch.

This is one of the few that hubby made when he was little. His mom gave them to us a few years ago and I love adding then to the tree!

M.A. Hadley Pottery is made right here in Louisville, so when I found a couple of ornaments at a local Peddlers Mall for only $3 a piece I snatched them right up. I love horses and since I live in Kentucky (and Louisville) it is very fitting. I bought a pig as well.

Here is where I am displaying my cards this year. I better get some more clothes pins because I am about to run out. I love getting cards in the mail!

Another view of the tree.

I found this tree skirt at Hobby Lobby and got it monogrammed at a local shop last year. It reminds me of one I have seen in Pottery Barn, and was about a 1/4 of the cost.

This cutie was given to me by my sweet sister in law a couple years ago. She found it at a craft fair. I love things made from vintage chenille.


Here is some of the other decor in my home all lit up.



Sweet pea's tree. Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment