Saturday, December 10, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

Whew, this has been one busy week! Since so much happened this week I thought I would just wrap it all into one post instead of trying to write a bunch of individual posts. Bare with me this could get long, but I will try my hardest to keep it short and simple. Sweet pea had the awfulest (yes I made that a word) virus last weekend so she was just starting to feel a little better when Monday rolled around. My sister in law called Monday and asked if we would like to go to Lights under Louisville with her family that night, so we decided since you get to stay in the car it would be alright for sweet pea to go.

Here in Louisville we have the only underground lights display in the country, so it was pretty neat to be able to go see it. Sweet pea loves looking at lights, and always go "oooo" whenever she sees them. All 7 of us piled in one car together so it made it a lot of fun. Here she is all ready to go with her "nack' (snack).

They had different Christmas songs playing throughout the cavern, so you could just roll down your window and enjoy! My camera takes horrible pictures in the dark, so most of them turned out pretty blurry, but I did get a few decent ones.

It took about 20 minutes to drive through the whole thing, so it wasn't too bad. My favorite part of the night was when I asked my nephews how they liked it, and the 4 yr old replied "It was kinda boring and kinda fun at the same time". So silly!


Tuesday through Thursday hubby was out of town for work, so sweet pea and I got to spend a lot of quality time together. We spent the night with my parents on Wednesday night and at 12:30 am got a call from my sister saying that she was in labor (she wasn't due until the 23rd). My poor parents drug themselves out of bed to get to the hospital while I stayed with sweet pea. She didn't end up having the baby until 10:52 am on Thursday morning, so needless to say everyone was really tired that day! His name is Cooper Thomas and he weighed 6lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long. Here I am snuggling with him.

My sister was really glad that he came early so she didn't have to be in the hospital on Christmas. We are really glad he came early too so we get to spend his 1st Christmas with him. Isn't he cute!!



Friday night we finally got our Christmas tree put up. Hubby took sweet pea with him to get the tree and she picked it out all by herself, isn't that cute!! Here we are starting to decorate it. She didn't get to help me finish it because it was WAY past her bedtime, but I enjoyed the "help" she gave me.



This morning we woke up to the tree on the floor. It feel over sometime during the night and got water everywhere! We think that the trunk is too skinny for the tree stand that we have, so we are going to have to get a new stand tomorrow. For now we have it leaning towards the wall in case it decides to go down again.

Tonight my Mom and I took sweet pea to church to see Santa. I wasn't sure how she was going to react, but I had a feeling that there were going to be some tears involved, and sure enough I was right. She HATED him, but it makes for a cute memory to have.

The church is kinda set up like a little town and the have what they call "Main Street" so they had snow machines blowing snow on Main street and it was so cute. The kids were having so much fun playing in the fake snow. Mom and I managed to get a few shots with sweet pea.

I LOVE this one of sweet pea and her Nana!

They also had horse drawn carriages that took you around the campus so you could look at all of the lights and they rode you past the live Nativity where they also had a little petting zoo with a mini horse, donkey, sheep, cow, etc.. Sweet pea had no interest whatsoever petting the animals. Unfortunately we did not get to ride in the carriage because the line was WAY to long, but we still had fun walking around and looking at everything.


They were also giving away Free hot chocolate (which was prefect, because it was freezing tonight!) and had Dickens characters and Carolers walking around. I hope they do it again next year, because it was a lot of fun!!


After we left we stopped by to let sweet pea meet her cousin Cooper for the 1st time. I think she liked him because she kept rubbing and kissing his head. It was so cute!



Since tomorrow is Sunday and hubby and I are both off work, we hope to get the chance to get some lights on our house. I don't think we are going to put everything that we usually put out since it is so late, but I would like to have a least something up. I hope to post some pics of my Christmas decor soon.

What did you do fun this week?? Hope you have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment