Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Arts and Crafts Keep You Sane

Well here I am again this week as promised. Today was a beautiful day here in the Bluegrass state. The sun was shining bright and it wasn't too cold outside, if only I could have taken sweet pea to the zoo or something, but instead today was one of my days to work. Oh well, Spring will be here before we know it, and boy I am ready!

On Sunday I went out in search of some fabric to make a few easy projects with my new sewing machine that hubby got me for Christmas. I got excited when I saw the sign in the store window that read "Winter Sale" but was quickly disappointed when they didn't have anything that caught my eye. Hopefully they will be getting some of their Spring fabric in soon, but until then I will just have to put my sewing projects on hold.

Since I struck out at the fabric store, I decided to go next door to Michael's to see what I could find. I wasn't necessary looking for anything in particular, I just enjoy browsing sometimes. I really like looking through the dollar bins at Michael's because you never know what you may find. I was just browsing along minding my own business when BAM! it hit me, and starring back at me was this notepad that read "Arts and Crafts Keep You Sane".

I mean if this doesn't sum it all up in a nutshell, then I don't know what will. This is totally how I feel about all the crafting that I do. I don't do it to keep up with the latest fad or to impress people, I do it because I LOVE it, and it's like a calming outlet for me. Hubby has his golf and XBOX and I have my Arts and Crafts. I have literally been crafting since I was little, like when my sister and I would puffy paint our canvas Keds in the summer, and would make hair accessories out of fantastic plastic. We were like kids in a candy store when mom would take us to get arts and craft supplies, and I have yet to stop loving it!

I hope that one day I will be able to pass on my love of arts and crafts and all things DIY to my little sweet pea, because I would love to have a little crafting partner. She already loves to color (on walls and furniture!) and likes to watch when I am making things. So when I say lets go to Hobby Lobby I hope she gets that same excited feeling that I got when I was little.

I also found a few other cute things in the dollar bins as well.

These cupcakes wrappers were just too cute to pass up, and at $1 for 75 I was sold! I especially love the ones with the strawberries. Gonna have to make something extra special to put in those.

I was also super stoked when I found these little garden stakes. They will be perfect this summer for our vegetable garden, so that we will be able to differentiate between the plants. I was going to make some out of stones this year, but at a $1 a pack I couldn't pass then up.

Do Arts and Crafts Keep You Sane as well?? If not, I hope you have something that does and I hope it makes you happy every time you do it. I am going to jump off here for now and relax a little before hitting the hay, but I hope to see ya'll real soon. Who knows, maybe I will even write another post tomorrow. Whoa, 3 posts in 3 days, that 's dedication for me!

Goodnight!!

Linking up to these parties:

2 comments:

  1. That tablet would make my to do list more do-able, if that makes sense to you. You got some good bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they keep me sane! I am also so ready for Spring! We have been too sick this winter:(. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete