Monday, January 23, 2012

Mmm Mmm Mondays #9

I just now realized that I haven't written a single post since last weeks Mmm Mmm Monday. I have a bunch of things I want to write about, but I just haven't had the time to actually sit down and execute it. I promise I will try and do better this week at letting you all know what's going on in this crazy head of mine.

Hopefully everyone had a lovely weekend. We had the best day yesterday just hanging out as a family. Hubby even took sweet pea and I out to breakfast at Wild Eggs, which serves the best biscuits and gravy. It's not your normal biscuits and gravy, instead of your normal white gravy, they use a spicy sausage gravy and it is just delicious. I get it every time we go there because I love it so much!

Back to why your really here, this weeks recipe comes straight from pinterest, and let me tell you it did not disappoint. I don't know about you all, but every recipe I have tried from pinterest has been wonderful. There are obviously a ca-trillion (yes, I made that a word) good cooks out there in blog land, and I am very grateful. Tonight's original recipe can be found here. It is a recipe for slow cooker jambalaya, so here we go.

Slow Cooker Jambalaya

You will need:
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes w/juice
3 tbsp dried minced onion flakes
1 cup chicken broth
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
white rice, cooked

Sorry I don't have a pretty photo of all the ingredients used in this meal, but I was trying to put it together quickly while juggling a ton of other things, so I decided to for go that pic, hope you don't mind.

In your crock pot combine all your ingredients except for your rice. I added a little more chicken broth than the recipe called for because it didn't seem to have enough liquid. You will see what I mean if you decide to make this. Cook on high 3-4 hrs or low 6-7 hours. Once your meat is cooked thoroughly, add your rice and cook for another 15 minutes, until everything is warmed through.

Once it's finished serve it up with some yummy corn muffins, and dinner is served.



The original recipe called for chicken and sausage, but I decided to leave the chicken out since we eat it all the time. Hubby said he thought shrimp would be good in this dish, so I think next time I make it I will do it with shrimp instead of sausage. Since hubby loves all things spicy, he gives this dish a BIG ol' 5!

Well I am going to jump off here for tonight, but I will see you soon. Until then, BYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment