Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love Is In The Air

Well it has just been a beautiful day here in Louisville. The sun came out for a bit and the temp got up to 64 degrees, Yay! I know it is probably just temporary, but I am loving every minute of it. Sweet pea and I even took a walk when I got home from work and she loved it! We have a bit of an uneven driveway in some spots and when we roll over them with the wagon the vibration of the wagon makes her crack up, it's so cute!! Those are the moments that make being a mom the best!

I finally got some batteries for my camera today, so it is working again. I wanted to show you all the decorations I have put up for Valentine's Day. I don't put up a whole lot, just a few things here and there. I usually decorate my trusty ol' grapevine wreath on the front door, but this year I gave it a little facelift by adding the banner that goes across the center. I made it using some scrapes of dropcloth that I had and painted LOVE on it with some craft paint I had on hand as well. I really like the way it turned out.

I bought these tulips on sale at Kroger last week. They were only $1.49 per bunch. This picture was taken the day after I bought them I think. They are not looking so hot right now, so I think I am going to have to pitch them and get some new ones.

These precious mother-daughter aprons were given to me for Christmas by hubby's grandparents. I just adore them and can't wait to do some baking with my sweet pea. I have a particular peanut butter cup cupcake recipe in mind.

Sweet pea's room already has A LOT of pink in it, but I decided to add just a bit more. I found that cute pillow in the dollar spot at Target, and she fell in love with it. She was laying on it while we were shopping and saying "Shh, night night", it was too cute!

These birds were also a purchade from Target in their Valentine home decor section. Since they match her room, I think I am going to just leave them up all the time. The heart in the middle was purchased from Joann Fabrics in their dollar section. It is one of those color your own things.

Here is the finished product after sweet pea got done with it. I helped her out a little. It may be a little messy, but I think it's just perfect.

Hopefully you enjoyed my Valentine's tour. I hope to be back later today with another fun post about what I did this weekend. Until then, BYE!

Partying over at:

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your decorations. Those aprons are too darn cute. My husband said I was crazy, but I thought it was a little cold today. I guess I was expecting too much haha. We did take the kids outside on the playground today which was nice and unusual for January. I will take it, but I hope that doesn't mean that we are going to have a yucky February and March. I am perfectly fine with NO snow this year!!

    ReplyDelete