Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Awesome Vintage Finds

On Sunday Afternoon, sweet pea, my mom and I went to one of the many Peddler Malls in our area. It had been a while since I had been and mom had never been before, so it was time to make a trip back. The main things I was looking for were some baskets for storage and a drum table to go beside my bed. We were shocked at how many people were there when we pulled up, it was like the place to be that day apparently.

I took my camera with me to shoot some pics of my favorite booths, but the batteries were dead, so I wasn't able to take any. We ended up being there for like 2 1/2 hours and sweet pea was sooooo good the whole time. I made sure to take plenty of snacks with me to keep here occupied while mom and I looked around. I didn't end up finding a table, but I did find some really neat things. Here is a pic of my purchases of the day.


I thought this olive oil bottle was really pretty and it was only $1 so it went quickly into my cart. That copper fish mold is just like one that my grandmother has, and at $3.75 I just had to have it. Both of these things will be going in my kitchen and once I find just the right place for them I will let you take a peek.

These 2 vintage Ball jars are for a project that I will be working on for my master bedroom. As soon as it is finished I will show you that as well. They were both $2.50 a piece which I didn't think was too bad. The same booth where I got these also had a bunch of the blue vintage Ball jars and I really wanted to buy a couple, but they were $7.75 a piece and I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for glass jars.


Mom and I really thought this basket was neat and I thought it would be prefect to keep our magazines in. Hubby and I both received magazine subscriptions for Christmas, so it won't take long to fill this bad boy up. We couldn't tell what the basket it made out of, but we guessed it might be tobacco leaves or corn husks. What do ya'll think??

I found a spot for it right under the side table next to the couch. Once we get done reading one we can just toss it in.

My rule with magazines though is unless it has something really cool in it and you just have to keep it, it gets recycled. If we kept every magazine that we have ever gotten, we would probably have a room full!


I hope to go back to the Peddlers Mall in a few weeks to continue to look for a drum table, and I am sure by then I will be wanting some other things as well.

I am really excited about this weekend because I get to hang out with my girlfriends whom I don't get to see very often. It has been a while since I have been out by myself, and this lady needs some momma time! Well I am gonna jump off here and get some beauty rest, until next time, BYE!

Partying over at:
At the Picket Fence

1 comment: