Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm still here...

Hello Everyone! I know I have been kinda M.I.A. for a while, but we have had a lot going on lately, and I just haven't had the time to write. I want to apologize for not having an Mmm Mmm Monday post this week, but I was busy working on a project that I will hopefully be able to share with you soon. I am super excited about it! I vow right now to have a recipe to share with you next week.

Let me just take this time to fill you in on the crazy weather that we have been having here in the Bluegrass State. Last Friday we had tornados, which devastated parts of KY as well as IN, particularly Henryville, IN which is about 30 miles from Louisville. The whole town was basically wiped out and it is heartbreaking to watch all the news footage. The whole city of Louisville has stepped up and is helping out in every possible way with food and money donations, shelters, etc... We even went in together with my sister-in-law and purchased a bunch of bottled water, and snack foods to donate to the cause. Hubby and his sister delivered it today to a church that is near the town that was hit. It may not have been a whole lot, but every little bit helps these people that lost everything.

Monday morning we woke up to this:


There was about 2 inches of snow on the ground. How crazy that the Monday before it had been 70 degrees and we were working in the yard, and a week later sweet pea and I were playing in the snow. She was a little unsure about walking in the snow and it took her some getting used to before she actually enjoyed herself. I thought that maybe if I got her ball out she would just forget about the snow and just play, but that didn't really work out well.


She had fun anyways, and we had some soup and grilled cheese to warm us up once we came inside. My cousin said sweet pea looked like a pink marshmallow in her snow suit :)


Yesterday and today have been beautiful and sunny. I think the temp got up to 70 both days again. Last night my mom, sister and myself all went to a local children's consignment sale that is held in our our area twice a year. The majority of sweet peas wardrobe and toys have come from this sale, with exception to clothing given to me by my cousin. I told my sister last night that I didn't realize how cheap I was until I had kids. (I get so excited when I find cute/nice things for only $1!)

Here is a picture of me with all my loot. This was taken while we waited in the massive line to pay for all our goodies.

My cousin had already given me some stuff for the Spring/Summer season, so I just needed a few other items and I also purchased sweet pea some toys for her birthday and Easter. I only ended up spending about $70 after tax, which I thought was awesome. My sister got a bunch of clothes for her little boy as well, and mom was able to do some shopping for sweet pea's birthday and for her classroom at school. (She teaches 4 yr old at a local church pre-school) All in all it was a pretty successful night and I got most everything off my list. Yes, I am one of those crazy people that makes lists for everything. If I didn't my life would be a whole lot more chaotic than it should be!


If you are in the Louisville area and want to check the sale out, it is being held in the old Circuit City building in the Shelbyville Road Plaza. It will be open until March 17th. The website is www.lkylittletsale.com if you would like more information. (I am not being compensated in any way for sharing this info, but just thought I would pass it along to those interested)


I think the weather is going to be pretty nice again tomorrow, so hopefully sweet pea and I will have the opportunity to get out for a bit. I also hope to share some new projects with you over the next few days, if I can get myself to actually sit down and write them. Until then I hope everyone has a lovely evening, BYE!

2 comments:

  1. I am guessing you went to Little Treasures??!! I am thinking of going tomorrow, but I wonder if all the good stuff will already be gone! Kendall could use some summer things:) Don't you love our crazy Kentucky weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, and got some pretty good stuff. I looked on their website today and it said they are re-stocking Sunday and Monday so you should be able to find some stuff. Not sure what size Kendall is wearing, but Emma is still 18-24 mos. and they had quite a selection.

      Delete