Monday, April 9, 2012

Mmm Mmm Monday #18

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend with lots of food and family time. I know we had a blast and I will be back in another post with all the cute pics from yesterday. Tonight I wanted to share one of the recipes that I made yesterday for Easter lunch. It is my Nanny's recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Casserole and it was delicious! Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures for you all and by the time I remembered it was pretty much gone. Guess it was a hit! Here is how you can make your own.

Betty's Broccoli Cheddar Casserole

You will need:
2 pkgs frozen chopped broccoli
3 tbsp butter
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
6 tbsp flour
1/2 cup water
1 8 oz jar cheeze wiz
3 eggs beaten
ritz crackers for topping

Cook broccoli according to the package directions and drain. In a large skillet saute onion in butter until limp. Add flour and cook, while gradually adding the water. Next, add the cheese and mix well. Add drained broccoli and beaten eggs and stir well. Pour mixture into a round casserole dish. Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top and bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cracker crumbs are golden.

Even though there are no pictures, you all can imagine how delicious this dish is. My dad who is a great cook even said that it was the most delicious dish at lunch besides the ham (which he made). I am glad that I am able to keep these dishes going in our family, since my Nanny no longer cooks anymore.

Sweet pea and I have some friends coming over tomorrow that we haven't seen in a while, so we are very excited. What do ya'll have going on tomorrow??

No comments:

Post a Comment