Monday, April 30, 2012

Big Girl Bed

Sweet pea will be turning TWO in just one short month, and boy has she grown up in the past couple weeks.  She is no longer a baby, but a bubbly little toddler that keeps this mommy on her toes.  She is a regular polly parrot these days, so needless to say I have to be real careful of the things that come out of my mouth.  It's not like I go around swearing all the time, but sometimes things accidentally come out when I'm driving, Oops!

Last night we decided to try a little experiment and convert her crib into a toddler bed.  I was curious to see if she would like being able to get in and out of bed by herself.  She got very excited when she saw her daddy putting the bed together, and quickly jumped in to help.  Hubby said he thinks she is going to be very mechanical, because she totally gets how things work.


It was so cute because once it was put together and I put all the blankets back on she laid down and told us to turn off the light and shut the door.  We were like, okay then goodnight.  When we left the room she quickly realized she was not ready to go to bed and stayed up a little longer.  Once it was time to go to bed for real, she cried so I ended up doing what every mommy in the world has done, and laid in the bed with her until she fell asleep.  She ended up sleeping through the night like usual, and actually stayed in bed until I went and got her up.  I was a little shocked because I was sure that I was going to wake up with little eyes staring back at me.

I love that I finally get to put her little comforter on the bed, although she slept on top of it and used her blanket, which is the one you see hanging on the side of the bed.  My mom gave it to her when she was born and she has used it ever since.  I also left her crib bumper on, because I was afraid she would knock her head on the railings when she moves around during the night.


I cleared the bed for these pictures, but in reality she usually has anywhere from 5-10 friends that sleep with her at a time.  She comes by that honestly, because I was addicted to stuffed animals when I was little.




She now not only has a new bed, but a little reading spot as well.  You can already see the animals beginning to be added.


She hid behind the book because she was tired of having her picture taken.  I don't blame her, because I follow her around the house frequently.  She now automatically says cheese whenever she sees a camera, lol!


Today marks night two of sleeping in the big girl bed and so far so good.  I have mixed emotions about all of this, because on one hand I am really excited for her because she is becoming a big girl and more independent, but on the other hand she is no longer a baby, and that makes this momma sad :(  The next big girl thing we will tackle will probably be potty training, but I won't start that until the summer. 

 Hope you all had a great day, until next time, BYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment