Friday, October 28, 2011

Baby Shower #2


As I stated in an earlier post my sister is due to give birth to her first child December 23rd, which shall make for an interesting Christmas. She is having a little boy and his name is Cooper Thomas, which I think is so cute! Sis's hubby has reddish color hair, so I am hoping that little Cooper will be a red head like I was when I was little. (Since I didn't have a red head baby myself)

Any who, Mom and I threw sis a shower last weekend for our side of the family and some of her friends. It was A LOT of fun to plan, and I was so excited to be able to try my hand at some crafts that I had been eyeing for a while. Mom of course was fine with this, because that meant that she didn't have to worry about decorations. It was a very low key shower with just a few snacks and cake. We figured that since it wasn't starting until 2 o'clock people would probably eat lunch beforehand. Sis's mother in law had the cutest cake made at a local bakery. Isn't that giraffe just precious??!

I decided to make a diaper cake for the centerpiece and also made a few washcloth lollipops to put on the cake. I used the tutorial from the ladies at Our Best Bites for the cake, and just googled how to make the lollipops. The cake ended up being super easy to make and I threw it together in like literally 10 minutes. If you haven't ever made one and you know someone having a baby, you should totally try it because it was so fun! The topper on the cake was a lovey purchased from PB Kids and the rest were things found at the Dollar Tree.


I also got these cute bibs and mittens from the Dollar Tree (Love me some Dollar Tree, you never know what you may find there!) I hung them on the fireplace with string and clothes pins to make it look like a clothes line. What I loved most about the decorations was that they were all things that sis can use. I hate paying for decorations and then throwing them away!



Sis ended up getting a bunch of really nice things, and is pretty much set for Coopers arrival. There are still of course of few little odds and ends that need to be purchased, but isn't that always the case! Coopers furniture came in yesterday and is being put together tonight, so tomorrow Mom, sweet pea and I are headed over to start decorating the room. As gifts I made a few things for Coopers room. The theme of the room is transportation so I made a few things to hang on the walls. The first are knock offs of the Transportation Art from PB Kids. I knew there was no reason to spend that much on buying the artwork when I could easily make it myself. I think they turned out pretty good, don't you?

This is the 2nd thing I made. I saw something similar on etsy so I tweaked it a bit and printed it out and framed it. It ended up costing me nothing, because I just made it on the computer and mom already had the frame. FREE is always the best!

(Sorry this pic is awful, my camera sucks!)

We are hoping the Cooper is going to make his entrance into this world a little earlier than expected, so sis will not be in the hospital on Christmas. It would be nice to have him here for the holidays so we can all shower him with gifts. Hopefully he will cooperate for Auntie!!

Hopefully I will have some pics to share of my new fall flowerbeds this weekend. Until next time, BYE!

Linking to Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment