Monday, October 3, 2011

Busy Busy Weekend!


So this past Thursday was a very sad day in our household. My darling little sweet pea for some reason, decided it would be a good idea to dump the contents of her sippy cup all over the keyboard of our Mac Book and I am sad to say that our hard-drive was fried. We do have a backup drive but of course we are never good at keeping up with backing the computer up and so when this happened we hadn't backed the drive up in about 2 months, and everything was lost :(. I am now using my old outdated laptop that I got when I graduated high school 10 years ago. It feels so ancient, but does the trick for now. We were saving up to buy a new dishwasher, but looks like we will be buying a new computer instead!

On a happier note, sweet pea and I had a very busy weekend which resulted in it going by WAY to fast! Saturday morning sweet pea, my mom and myself headed out to a local Art Fair in downtown Louisville. It is located in a part of downtown called St. James Court, and vendors come from all over the U.S. to sell their handmade goods. We of course could not afford anything but it is fun to look at all the neat things that people have created. There is a small section of the fair that has arts and crafts booths so we were able to purchase a few things from there. I picked up a few bows for sweet pea and mom purchased a scarecrow sign for her yard (sorry there are no pics of these).

We then picked up a bunch of pumpkins and gourds from a little stand set up at the church where we parked. We were told that they were grown by local Amish farmers. I gave only $3 for 2 white pumpkins, 2 pear shaped gourds, 6 mini gourds, and 2 small pie pumpkins. I couldn't believe it when he told me the price! Below are a few photos from the day:


This darling Halloween decoration was part of a booth that sold jewelry made from old typewriter keys and stuff.


This booth was probably my favorite. They had little wooden turkeys that you could stick into your pumpkin for the holidays. They were so cute!


Sweet pea and I shopping. It was very cold that morning so we had to keep moving.


Mom and sweet pea posing in front of the gorgeous fountain in St. James Court.



Me and sweet pea. It is so hard to get a good picture of her nowadays, because she never wants to look at the camera. This was a rare instance!


Sunday, sweet pea and I attended a baby shower in honor of my sister, given by her husbands family. She is having a little boy and they are going to name him Cooper. He is due to arrive December 23, so Christmas should be quite interesting this year! She got a lot of wonderful gifts including her stroller, baby furniture, baby swing, etc..

Here we are together at the shower. Isn't she cute!!

Sweet pea didn't quite understand that all these fun gifts were not for her, so Aunt Sarah let her play with a couple. We are going through a major book phase right now, so she decided that she needed to read this one.


She is also OBSESSED with all things stuffed, so it was no time before this bear made it into her arms! :)




A cute outfit from cousin Caroline. I think it said "Daddy is my hero"!


Mom and I are throwing her another shower for our side of the family at the end of this month, so we better get cracking and get our invites out, Whoops!

From the looks of my calendar I think I am set to have another full weekend, so I will keep you posted on all the fun happenings. Until then hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment