Monday, October 10, 2011

Spanish Moss Fall Wreath


I was never really happy with the wreath that I had made to go on our kitchen door for this fall (I would show you a pic, but since our computer died I no longer have one). So when I saw this idea for a Spanish moss wreath over at Pam's blog DIY design fanatic, I knew I wanted to copy it. She used a grapevine wreath for hers but I already had this foam wreath so I just used that instead.

First I started off by hot gluing the moss all over the wreath. I didn't really put much on the back though, because I knew you wouldn't see it, and it would have just taken more time. There are 2 different colors of moss that you can buy. I used the natural color and Pam used the green. Both are pretty.


When I was done covering the whole thing, this is what it looked like. I picked it up and shook it a little to get any excess off and then trimmed a few stray pieces. I kinda like the piecey (sp?) look though because I think it makes it look more natural.


I then stuck in a few pumpkin picks that I purchased at Hobby Lobby, and hot glued on the gourds and the largest pumpkin in the middle, which I already had on hand at home. I then tied some orange ribbon around it and hung it on the door.


This was like the simplest and quickest wreath I have ever made. It literally only took me like 20 minutes. I am very pleased with the way it turned out and it makes me happy every time I look at it.




Hopefully my post will inspire you to make a wreath of your own, like Pam's did for me. Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Linking to these blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment