Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trick or Treat at the Zoo

Last Saturday night my mother and I took sweet pea to the Louisville Zoo to go trick or treating. I used to love trick or treating at the zoo when I was little, so I knew sweet pea would as well. When I brought her costume home a few weeks ago she was a little unsure about it and would cry when I tried to put in on her, so I was unsure of how she would react when we went to the zoo. (I had an alternate Halloween shirt in the bag just in case!) Surprisingly she actually put in on and even let us put the hood up, so I knew I had to get some pics of her while I had the chance! Here are a few shots of Fifi from my parents house before we headed to the zoo.

She was the cutest thing I have ever seen (I am probably a little biased since I'm her momma, but come on people look at that face!) Mom and I just cracked up watching her little tail wag as she walked :)

We made really good time getting there and didn't have to wait in line long at all. I was a little worried going on a Saturday since I had a feeling they would be busy, but getting there early made a world of difference.

Once we got inside, we were off. I decided to take the wagon instead of the stroller this time, because I thought we would have a better chance of keeping her in it. I think the stroller makes her feel confined, and she is always trying to escape. I LOVE her face in this picture!

She loved holding the candy that she would get, and every time something new was put in her bucket, she would drop what she was previously holding and pick up the new item. It was so funny. The zoo was decorated so cute with all kinds of pumpkins and mums. This is one of my favs of the two of us.


It was cute how they had all different kinds of stations set up all throughout the trick or treat route. Some of them included Toy Story, Flinstones, Alice in Wonderland, Nemo, Winnie the Pooh, Wizard of Oz, Shrek, and many more. I had to get my picture taken with Shrek and Fiona!

Here is mom (aka Nana) and sweet pea collecting candy from Dorothy's house that landed on the wicked witch of the west. They then started up the yellow brick road towards OZ.

It turned out to be such a fun night, and sweet pea was soooo good! Next year we will try to make sure to take hubby/daddy with us. Hopefully Halloween night will go as smoothly as this.

Until next time, Happy Trick or Treating!

No comments:

Post a Comment